Sunday, July 8, 2012

Snow Beast


          Some progress captures of my latest sketch. Here we are with one of many designs of a yeti-sort monster I was assigned during a game project for a class. It was a lot of fun coming up with monsters and boss creatures. This one here lacks the more extreme fantasy elements that were implemented into some of the other concepts for the yeti. I might take up painting one of the others later after I finish this.

          Wish I had taken intermediate captures when I was fleshing out the fur details, but so often one gets into the rhythm you forget to pause a moment. Oh well, that's always a good sign anyway, now that I'm slowly getting back into drawing and painting. Not that I haven't been sketching, I have, but for a long time - since about March it seems - I never felt truly productive with my work. Now it feels like it's coming back. It's a very, very good feeling.

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment