Thursday, July 5, 2012

Time is Running Out


          Updating as often as I can. Here we have my latest little fascination: clockwork arachnids. They were inspired by a rather obscure line from a song: "Time moves like spiders" I still don't know what the song writer meant by it, but this is my interpretation using clocks and spiders.

          It was a lot of fun learning about a few species of the widow genus that previously I hadn't known about. The Southern black widow and the brown recluse spider are most common in the area I live in, but a whole plethora of wonder opened up when I read a bit about the Northern black widow and the red widow. Such a beauty, the latter.

         I digress, to the sketch. Here we are with a humble old pocketwatch presenting his deadly siren with a prized, polished watch battery - because only one so vintage as he would think a mere battery is prized. Clockwork and the steampunk genre that encases all related things is still a little foreign to me as far as art is concerned, but nonetheless it's an intriguing one at that. More practice with gears and the like are in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment